Diving in Italy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H-TownDiver

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Italy for next summer. Can anyone recommend some good dive spots and shops and tell me what to expect? I'm still open about the region I'll be visiting, so the more info I get the better. Thanks!

There's an underwater statue of Jesus somewhere in Italy I think, looks pretty cool. Sorry, not sure where though.

Bubble Junky:
There's an underwater statue of Jesus somewhere in Italy I think, looks pretty cool. Sorry, not sure where though.
Below is the original casting being placed in the Mediterranean Sea at San Fruttuoso Bay (near Genoa, Italy) near Genoa, Italy in 1954. It is known as the Il Christo Degli Abissi or in English - Christ of the Abyss.

Professor Guido Galletti cast the original from the inspiration of Italian swimmer/diver Duilo Merchant who wanted a symbol to inspire all who explored and loved the sea in 1954. In 1961, the second casting from the original Galletti mold was placed in St. George's Harbor in Grenada to commemorate those saved from the Italian ship Bianca C. which caught fire and sank in the harbor. The third casting was commissioned by Italian dive equipment manufacturer, Egidio Cressi, and donated to The Underwater Society of America.

http://www.keyshistory.org/artchristofthedeep.html

El Orans:
Below is the original casting being placed in the Mediterranean Sea at San Fruttuoso Bay (near Genoa, Italy) near Genoa, Italy in 1954. It is known as the Il Christo Degli Abissi or in English - Christ of the Abyss.

Professor Guido Galletti cast the original from the inspiration of Italian swimmer/diver Duilo Merchant who wanted a symbol to inspire all who explored and loved the sea in 1954. In 1961, the second casting from the original Galletti mold was placed in St. George's Harbor in Grenada to commemorate those saved from the Italian ship Bianca C. which caught fire and sank in the harbor. The third casting was commissioned by Italian dive equipment manufacturer, Egidio Cressi, and donated to The Underwater Society of America.

http://www.keyshistory.org/artchristofthedeep.html

Cheers, El Orans !! That's the one !!

H-TownDiver:
I am planning a trip to Italy for next summer. Can anyone recommend some good dive spots and shops and tell me what to expect? I'm still open about the region I'll be visiting, so the more info I get the better. Thanks!
Where are you going?????
South, North, East...West....
Which region, City etc etc....

West coast, Liguria, Toscana, Lazio, Campania, Calabria and Sicilia(Sicily some Islands are great, are good.....
East side, less there is a sandy part, from north to south but the heel (Puglia) is better.
Now you need to decide.
Sardegna Island ......beautiful.....but check the price before.
Click the link of the Italian forum...you can ask all questions you want :), in English.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom