Oceanlog software feature requests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PenguinAdLitem

Registered
Reaction score
I use Oceanlog (currently 2.02) with my Veo-250. It has great potential - I love the ability to log dives on the computer, and quickly retrieve statistical information.

The software has a ton of bugs, many of which result in a program crash. I'll start another thread to address those.

Some features I would like to see, though:
o custom reporting - it would be amazing if I could get reports customized for my needs. For instance, I would love if I could print dive reports that were laid out like a PADI dive log page, complete with a verification signature line.

o calculations - the log has all the data it needs to compute, for instance, SAC over different periods (for instance, what was my average SAC over the last 5 months?) Air is calculated in terms of PSI, but it could just as easily be in terms of cubic feet (which is probably a more useful measure).

o settings - for starters, if your computer is in 24-hour time, likely you find that useful. Thus, dive times should be on a 24-hour clock, too (or, even better, that should be a configuration option).

Thanks PenguinAdLitem -

There is a fairly extensive thread on this topic - http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=125452

We appreciate all input from users - it is ultimately how the product gets better. As I've posted in other threads, we are continually working to correct specific bugs or issues, as well as work in improvements as we can. The software is currently being updated for use with a couple of new computers - I am expecting to release it within the next month or two.

Doug

Doug: I have a VEO 250 computer. Bought the cable. Struggled with getting the USB driver to install but finally made it work.

The user interface (screens) in the software are black and white to the extent that the black covers the labels for the fields. On some screens I see check boxes surrounded by BLACK with no label. Not sure what to do. I have downloaded the latest software from the site including the newest patch.

I deinstalled, ran a registry cleanup utility, rebooted, reinstalled the software, resintalled the patch, same result. Have you heard of this it points to something configured wrong on my PC but all other software works ok. It's just an access program - right? Why are the screens all messed up?

Thanks

VT PRO - Oceanlog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded the new program (ver 2.02,I think).
In dive info the help page says it will give sac.
Where? This is the feature that got me to do the upgrade.
I did enter the tank size.
Any opinnions on the new vs the old version?

Dave:

We have just uploaded a significant upgrade to OceanLog 2.X download/upload USB PC Interface (version 2.1.0). A number of improvements were made based on user feedback. You may download the latest version and read the release notes at: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html. Installation of the full version is required, but does NOT require that you uninstall the previous version

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom