nitek he

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i am considering getting an affordable trimix computer and the nitek he seemed like the only one withing my price range. any feedback from owners and users? outgrowing my nitek duo and will convert it to a bottomtimer. wanted the vr3 but not any time soon:(

If then, try to find used vr3... It is all hassle to deal with used one for a while and sell it later....

i have the he and i love it for me it was a tye up with the vr3 iwas told by many people that the vr3 has more functions to it but is a lot harder to program he is real simple to program

Hi Spoon, I can give you a preveliges price, We are Delta P VR3 dealer in Hong Kong, If you interested please PM.
Jason
Spoon:
guys i am considering getting an affordable trimix computer and the nitek he seemed like the only one withing my price range. any feedback from owners and users? outgrowing my nitek duo and will convert it to a bottomtimer. wanted the vr3 but not any time soon:(

I bought an HE a couple of months ago (before the price dropped) to replace my Tusa IQ 700 (same as a DR Duo) which turned into a bottom timer/dive logger as soon as I added a 3rd gas. I looked at and really wanted a VR3, but it was hard to justify the price difference for the diving that I will be doing for the next few years. The downsides of the HE are that you must reprogram your gases every day (it resets at midnight like your Duo), you can't turn off the audible alarms, the downloader is clunky, it is picky about gas switch depth and if you get locked out, you are locked out for 48 hours. For the currect price, it is hard to beat if you are looking for a trimix/multiple gas computer.

Jackie

Hoyden:
The downsides of the HE are that you must reprogram your gases every day (it resets at midnight like your Duo)

yup... actually, i like this. it keeps me honest with the gas mixes i am using
on that particular dive.

you can't turn off the audible alarms

yep... that's true. the only one i have gotten is the "too fast ascent" a couple
of times, but i wish i could turn it off.

the downloader is clunky

don't have it; don't know anything about this.

it is picky about gas switch depth

not sure what you mean by this. do you mean it won't let you pick a gas if
you are above the max PPO2 selected? i haven't had that trouble, btw.

and if you get locked out, you are locked out for 48 hours

i guess that could be annoying. hasn't happened to me.

For the currect price, it is hard to beat if you are looking for a trimix/multiple gas computer.

agree!

Love my HE. Very easy to learn, program, and use.

I personally don't consider these next 2 items negatives, but some folks would:
1. Is more conservative (requires more deco) on the same dive than HS Explorer or VR3
2. Only computes your shallowest required deco stop--therefore you must run tables to get the optimum deco profile including deep stops

And other positives: Is smaller, more comfortable, and less prone to user error than the other options.

theskull

I have both the He (just used it on Tech Training at 40 Fathom Grotto this past week) and the VR3 (use it for my Drager RB).
By far, the He has an easier to use instruction manual, and has a much faster "learning curve" than the VR3.
Both are terrific computers, but with the He @ ~$595; price alone would dictate the HE, unless you want all of the features of the VR3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom