Reg care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the proper way to clean and care for your regulators after use? (Sorry if this stuff is in archives)

I don't know about the "proper" way but I make sure my dust cover is on good, put my thumb on the end of the hose to make a power hose, clean it really well, and then soak it in my tub with some white vinegar for about an hour.
Rinse it off, towel dry and put away.

My problem is I always have difficulty rolling it up and sticking it back in my reg bag.

Lots of people claim the best way is to rinse it off good with fresh water while still attached to the tank. That should keep any water from getting inside. All the off the tank methods "might" allow for some water inside. I think I take pretty good care of my reg's but was surprised at the corrosion inside when I pulled a plug. Never have rinsed while still attached, but will if I can.

adios don O

I always wipe the dust cover, remove the reg from the tank, install dustcover, then rinse with fresh water. Then rinse the Primary and octo inside and out. finish by rinssing the console and rotating swivle connections and compass beziles under running water.

I' m also a tech. Soooo please store your reg in a cool dry place free of ROACHES, SPIDERS etc. Don't want to tell you how many roach eggs and spider webs I've found inside

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom