aeris ai users what do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love it... except i would rather have it on my wrist...

I love it. The display characters are big, and easy to read. That's good for us "age challenged" divers. Lots of info, air integrated. I like the console with the compass. Clipped to my right chest D ring with a small retractor.

Ditto everything 95VRoom said...except I'm not "age challenged". :wink:

One big recommendation is to get the Quick Disconnect feature. It's super convenient to be able to detach it and keep it from being banged around (especially on a liveaboard). But also when you get your regs serviced, your computer can stay home (and safe).

I dive the Aeris AI, and also have a wrist mounted Dive-Rite as a backup. The AI is great, not much larger than a conventional SPG, and it also gives you full computer functions in a small package. The algorithim that shows you the lowest number of Air Remaining based on SAC, NDL, or Oxygen Exposure makes diving much easier, as you always have the most critical number in front of you.

In terms of reliability, I am still a bit cautious, as my first AI died after only three dives, no flooding, just went completely crazy. But Aeris quickly got me a new one, and I have about 25 dives on it since then, and I am completely happy with it.

I have the Aeris ai and love it. Easy to read and everything you need all on one well organized screen. I liked it so much I bought a Atmos 2 for a backup. Aeris' customer service is great also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom