Band extender/keeper for Citizen Aqualand Duplex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I got a great present and I figured I'd use it as a backup to my computer since it has a depth gauge, bottom timer, etc. But, it doesn't actually fit over my 7 mil suit. Kind of amazing for a dive watch (or not.) Anyway, I called Citizen, and they don't make an extender for this watch. It looks like it would be hard to convert to a bungee, or I'm just not creative enough to figure out how. Does anyone have any good ideas or sources for a longer band or band extender or?

Thanks for any tips,

Mike

Mike,

I have Citizen Hyper Aqualand, and I replaced the band with the Waterborne. Not only is it longer, it is also set up in a way that if one of the pins pops out for any reason you will not loose the watch.

Cesar

mistressmotorsports:
So, I got a great present and I figured I'd use it as a backup to my computer since it has a depth gauge, bottom timer, etc. But, it doesn't actually fit over my 7 mil suit. Kind of amazing for a dive watch (or not.) Anyway, I called Citizen, and they don't make an extender for this watch. It looks like it would be hard to convert to a bungee, or I'm just not creative enough to figure out how. Does anyone have any good ideas or sources for a longer band or band extender or?

Thanks for any tips,

Mike

1st tip, throw the strap it came with away or at least dont dive it. 2nd tip buy a waterborn strap you can get them online or at your lds, there are lots of knock off waterborn straps and they are pretty much the same.

As the previous post mentioned the waterborn strap goes through both pins so if one fails which it probobly will you wont loose it

JUMBO

If you are going to use it as an everyday watch then you may not want to change the strap. Up to you.

I just sold a Suunto Stinger and D6. They both come with strap extenders of different widths. If you are not particular on how it looks this may be a good alternative. I would give mine away to anyone who wants it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom