Feedback please on equipment purchases...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JdLag1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm ready and excited about buying my equipment. Recreational diver, plan on about 50 - 100 dives per year, above 100'. Alot of dive travel trips planned to Coz, Hawaii and some local scuba parks when I can't make it to the big blue. I'm looking at the Atomic B2 regualtor, Aeris Atmos AI Computer, slim line Octo, already have a Ranger Ltd BC. Also looking at the Al 80 neutraly bouyant tank for my local weekend trips that don't require a flight to get there. When I am flying I will be taken all my other equipment with me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to Diving (and totaly loving it with as little as I've done) and want to make sure I am making the best choices for me with my equipment purchases. Sorry in advance if this is the 100th time this question from others has probably been posted on this site...

John

All good choices . . .

the K

JdLag1:
I'm ready and excited about buying my equipment. Recreational diver, plan on about 50 - 100 dives per year, above 100'. Alot of dive travel trips planned to Coz, Hawaii and some local scuba parks when I can't make it to the big blue. I'm looking at the Atomic B2 regualtor, Aeris Atmos AI Computer, slim line Octo, already have a Ranger Ltd BC. Also looking at the Al 80 neutraly bouyant tank for my local weekend trips that don't require a flight to get there. When I am flying I will be taken all my other equipment with me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly new to Diving (and totaly loving it with as little as I've done) and want to make sure I am making the best choices for me with my equipment purchases. Sorry in advance if this is the 100th time this question from others has probably been posted on this site...

John
I agree - good choices, though you may find the Ranger a little bulky for your 'away' diving. The Zeagle Escape works well for those occasions and serves in most other situations too. You don't mention your exposure suit choices and your location isn't shown on your profile. Be careful to ensure that you buy what YOU need to stay warm, wherever you plan to dive. Guesswork and averages don't work for everyone - and nothing is more miserable than a cold dive. Have a lot of fun and enjoy all your diving - you're making all the right decisions.

Looks like good stuff.

Everything looks good, but I might skip the NB AL 80 and just get a regular al 80 at less cost or consider a steel tank if it will still allow you some ditchable weight.

xiSkiGuy:
Everything looks good, but I might skip the NB AL 80 and just get a regular al 80 at less cost or consider a steel tank if it will still allow you some ditchable weight.

Steel fatsos 200bar 12 and 15 litres (about100 and 120cuf?) has about the same boyancy characteristics as Al80..

I have an Atomic B1 regulator and Aeris computer. I bought both back in '98 and they have served me well. I've never had a problem with either. I still use them at least once a month.

yep go with "normal" aluminums or the suggested steels. the pricing for neutral aluminums is just outragous.

I'd say take the Escape Zeagle BCD ( its smaller no?)

and take steel. check at divesales.com
a 85cu. Feet Steel is 200 with shipping included....so Id go with this.

and look at scubatoys.com for you Zeagle stuff and Aeris.

Back
Top Bottom