Scorpion Bay to become a marina.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was a Lake Pleasant yesterday 5/16 for some practice dives when I noticed a disturbing sign: Future site of Scorpion Bay Marina. Yes, they are turning our newly found site into a marina. I'm not even sure how great of a site Dirty Shirt will be once the marina is up. I stopped at the gate shack on the way out and found out construction isn't planned until August or September, so we have until then to enjoy the site. I also got a flyer about the future marina. There may still be hope. They aren't actually building the marina right over the dive area, so we may still be able to use it. In fact, it may be better protected because they're putting wave protectors around the marina. But they may also end up restricting that area. I haven't asked and won't. I'm just going to ride it out and see what it ends up looking like. It may be much easier to get to. They'll also have a convenience store and restrooms there. Think we can talk them into getting a compressor?!? Anyway, July 30 will probably still be at Scorpion Cove. If not, it'll be somewhere else there. But after that, who knows?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom