Visiting Malaga Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshall

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am visiting Malaga, Spain June 9, 2006 through June 17 and would like to go diving. I do not want to carry my own gear from California USA. Can anyone offer any tips on Dive Shops? What is the water temperature at this time of year? Should I bring my own wetsuit? Regulater? Atomic Elite Computer? Ect? I am a Rescue Diver with over 100 dives. My time will be limited. Can you recommend the best dive sites? What are the best dive shops to connect with? Please provide me with as much information as you can, including e-mail contact addresses. This is my first expereince in this part of Spain to dive. So I need as much advise as can be offered.

Thanks,

I am visiting Malaga, Spain June 9, 2006 through June 17 and would like to go diving. I do not want to carry my own gear from California USA. Can anyone offer any tips on Dive Shops? What is the water temperature at this time of year? Should I bring my own wetsuit? Regulater? Atomic Elite Computer? Ect? I am a Rescue Diver with over 100 dives. My time will be limited. Can you recommend the best dive sites? What are the best dive shops to connect with? Please provide me with as much information as you can, including e-mail contact addresses. This is my first expereince in this part of Spain to dive. So I need as much advise as can be offered.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am in Malaga at the moment. (I am staying in the actual city.)

I would bring your own wetsuit, eventhough water temperature is comfortable enough to go swimming for 30 mins without feeling cold. (I spent most of the 30 mins floating without exercise and the temperature was fine for that. But I don´t know the exact temp. guess it most be 20degrees celsius or slightly warmer)
Also I would bring your computer, the rental outfits charge extra for the hire of a computer. And since you have one, you might as well use it.

Two places come well recommended but I have only firsthand experience with one.

www.nerjadiving.com (dived with them once,nice relaxed place with attention to safety.)
www.simplydiving.com

Three dive locations are recommended around here, none are in Malaga.

Tarifa: Atlantic coast. West of Malaga, long way
Girbaltar: Atlantic-mediteraen. West of Malaga
Marine del este: mediteraen. East of Malaga

Look at the dive sites on the two websites.
If you perfer Marine de este go for nerja diving as they are closest to the marine del este area. (The other dive shop will put you in a bus and transfer you along the cost, way more than an hours drive probably much longer by boat.)
If you perfer gibraltar and tarifa go for simply diving.

Also I would take into consideration where you are staying closest to. Simply diving is probably the easiest to get to from malaga. There is a very good train connection between malaga and torremolinos. (Nerja has a good bus connection and the people from nerjadiving will pick you up from the busstation in nerja.)

Hope this is of any help.

I was in Malaga in April. We dove with Simply diving, and I agree with Mike. It's a good group, very friendly folks, and small number of divers. We did our dives - only got to go one day - at Marina del este. Viz was about 10-12 meters. They said that Tarifa had by far the best viz of the places they went to. Water temps weren't bad - 5mm wetsuit, hood but no gloves and I was fine for about 45 minutes. The only drag is that it does take about an hour wherever you go to get to the dive site. We went by van, which was much quicker than boat, I"m sure.
Enjoy!
mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom