Wireless transmitter maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theatis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, i have a brief question for Uwatec Aladin owners or owners of any other wireless AI computer for that matter. Now that i've used my Aladin AirZ for a few dives i removed the wireless transmitter from the first stage just to check it and it occurred to me that i have no idea whether i should clean it in any specific way, store it until i use it next or even if i should just put it on the first stage and never take it off again.

So, basically the question is: is there any recommended protocol for wireless transmitters?

BTW, my Uwatec manual says absolutely nothing about this other than to send the computer and transmitter to an authorized dealer for service and/or battery change.

Thanks.

I leave mine on my first stage all the time. When service is do the o-ring will get replaced. Of course it gets cleaned along with my gear after a day of diving.

Rinse with the 1st stage, dry, and store it in the box. I have seen some divers who bent the neck of transmitter.

Rinse the regulator set, and leave it on the 1st stage. Now that you have removed the unit replace the o-ring and apply silicone grease. It would be a good idea to replace the battery every year in the transmitter. Keep the old battery as a back-up in case of failure.

Yeah. Leave it on the 1st stage, as long as you take reasonable care of it. Rinse after diving, just as part of 1st stage. Check it preiodically to make sure it's on tight. Other than that, you should only have to take it off should something bad happen to it, or when the battery is low and it needs to go in for service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom