oceanic ZETA - How do you tune it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CruxOp

Reaction score
Greetings all. New to the board, and after all of the threads i've found on google searches I thought it'd be worthwhile to join!

I have an oceanic zeta with cdx5 first stage, and need to know how to tune it. The local LDS that i bought it from has a 4 month turn around (yes, looking for a new shop) and i need to have it tuned by this weekend (AOW certification saturday and sunday). Any instructions or walk throughs would be MOST appreciated.

Thank you in advance
-Andrew

Andrew, The Zeta takes a "touch" (clinic and experience)to get tuned well because it is pretty unique as far a reg. design goes. Where are you located so we can help you out?

Located in Langhorne, PA

The problem that i'm having is any time i move my head to look down, it starts free flowing.

I actually was able to track down the service manuals from a different post and it looks like i can remove the front cover, and give the tuning adjustment screw a quarter turn counter clockwise to tighten the reg up.

Thoughts?

Yes, it may work, just don't take away your purge if you go too far. It may end up not breathing as well as it should.

You can PM me if you need any help.

Best,

Chris

If you do attempt to adjust it yourself do so in very small adjustments. The Zeta is a great little reg but it can be finicky to adjust. I start with about 1/8th of a turn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom