servicing Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islandguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
About to have my equipment service for the first time. Not sure if I should have a local dive shop service my equipmment or send it back to Oceanic. Any thoughts.

If your LDS is an oceanic dealer then they can probably service it for you. Ask them if their tech has his factory cert. There is really no need to send it back to the factory enless your lds can't do it. Jim

I agree, please use your local LDS if possible.

If not let us know and we can get it done at the factory.

Recently moved and none of the dive shops within a 40 mile radius are Oceanic dealers. Is is ok to bring my reg to another (reputable) LDS? Any warranty issues with this?

Thanks,

Jason

jason_g:
Recently moved and none of the dive shops within a 40 mile radius are Oceanic dealers. Is is ok to bring my reg to another (reputable) LDS? Any warranty issues with this?

Thanks,

Jason

Our regs have a two year warranty and lifetime parts thru an authorized Oceanic dealer(Alliance dealer). A non Oceanic LDS will not be able to get you those free parts. The other concern would be that they don't have access to Oceanic parts and the latest repair procedures/bulletins. They may have good techs however. Worse come to worse tell them that you would like to see them sell Oceanic, they may become a dealer!:D

Back
Top Bottom