Sea Elite Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mixter

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know any the Se Elite Reg systems? I know that they are made for Diver Supply but are they any good? I bought the system and my instructor had a cow. He would not allow me to use it for open water cert dive. Anyone with any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

WOW your instructor over reacted...to say the least. They are made by the same people who make the Dive Rite regs, but their second stage is not balanced.

If your instructor is that mis informed as to not let you use it for your O/W class...you gotta wonder.

LOL, That reg is probably fine below 100 feet. I know I've breathed my unbalanced dive rite at 100ft and it shoved air down my throat.

Waterdawg is right, I'd be having second thoughts about my instructor...

(From the other thread you started on this reg, Mixter)

The Sea Elite is like the Jeep of regulators. It's a real workhorse, and I love mine. I find that it breathes just as easy at 34fsw as it does at 134fsw. I've never had a bit of trouble with mine, and it wasn't very cheap, either. The Sea Elite Tex X wasn't chump change.

i've had two SeaElites (rec and tech). good, solid regs. they do tend to
"wheeze" a little sometimes, especially if you flip over on yoru back, but
theys till deliver good air

never had a problem in 4 or 5 years with them. they were my cavern and cave
regs for a while.

they're basically Apeks clones (like the Dive Rites) and are made in Taiwan in
the same facility that makes the Dive Rites.

i would say: no frills, safe, reliable, durable

All these guys are right I have had a sea elite reg since 1997 and have had no problems. They are made by dive rite if you ask any one from divers supply theyll tell you that they order there replacement parts out of the dive rite service catalog which is very true. I also have a Tek X and love it as well it has all the same features as the RG2500 by DR even the same cold water kit. Look at a dive rite catalog then look at a sea elite reg Whats the difference???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom