Suunto Cobra Violation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoniCro

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed during my downloads that at the start of both of my second dives, my Cobra recorded a "Violation" upon descent. I scanned the manual, and can't seem to find an answer...

Both of my 1st dives were approx. 60' for 50 mins and I had surface intervals of 54 minutes each times. Is it possibly due to not having a surface interval of at least one hour?

Thanks!

A red triangle with an exclamation mark. When I mouse over it it says "violation".

I get these from time to time. They are I belive due to rapid descents. At least that is were I see them. Rapid descents can cause problems not only for your ears but also contribute to narcosis.

Nope. Air mode...
I've attached a screen shot to show the different icons in the graph. I had an ascent rate oopsie at the end of this dive...my bad. ha Ha!

Thanks Silly... I was wondering if it may be due to descending too fast. I didn't think there was an issue with descending quickly as long as you're equalizing frequently.

I have had ascent violations on my bottom timer while descending that were caused by raising my hand up too fast. Could this be what happened to you?

rsdancey:
Nitrox mode without setting a Nitrox level?

I dive a Cobra exclusively in nitrox mode @21% when diving conservative air and it's no prob.

I'm thinking it's the SI. I'll have a look at DM and see what the pattern is tonight.

Back
Top Bottom