The best stand alone Pressure Gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tribaltim

Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the market for a Pressure Gauge now that I have a D6. I was wondering if their is one that just seems to stick out.

Also does anyone make a digital Pressure Gauge? (Single Console)

Thanks Tim

I've never seen a digital before, but I am very impressed with my Scubapro pressure gauge. It is similar to the OMS but in my opinion it is built much better. Glass lense, solid brass. It must weight a good pound or 2. It is not the one with the boot listed on the website.

ScubaPro, Dive Rite, Halcyon.

Do you mean an SPG? The OMS guage is a good buy at about 70$, it is the same guage as the Halcyon. Dive Rite ect. Just a diferent face. Good quality and dependable.

dbg40:
Do you mean an SPG? The OMS guage is a good buy at about 70$, it is the same guage as the Halcyon. Dive Rite ect. Just a diferent face. Good quality and dependable.

You can buy them at TDL, when they're on sale, for around $60.00.

There are 2 sizes. So when you see the cheaper ones, make sure it's not the 2" size but the larger one. Unless you really want a small SPG.

PerroneFord:

Not to bust the bubble but there are only a very few OEM's on Brass and Glass SPG's.

We (Oceanic) don't make brass and glass, but we do make our own plastic gauges, other major brands may have the same gauge made at different places by different people at different or even the same time.

The only gauge I worry about is the brass back where it is folded over a plastic face (like some "mini" gauges on the market) I see more failures on that design than any other. Another concern is that the trend is to "thinner gauges", some of these have had problems in the past (few years ago), these were also the min gauges with brass back and plastic face.

Best,

Chris

PerroneFord:

TDL has them on sale now for $69.00.

cerich:
Not to bust the bubble but there are only a very few OEM's on Brass and Glass SPG's.

Not sure why that would bust the bubble. I've owned a few SPG's and the family resemblance is notable. :)

I currently have a Dive Rite. Has large numbers, Works well for me. Some don't like a "red zone" but it never bothered me. What DOES bother me is smaller faces, and tiny numbers. Neither of which my guage has. I also don't care for plastic.

To each his own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom