VEO 100 Issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomer68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For all computer experts:

I have a veo 100 console computer set up and have used it for my confined and now 1
and 2 of water open water dives. I noticed this morning that the veo is reading 6 - 7 feet shallower. This is based on verifying it against 4 other computers/guages. Calibration issue? Certaintly a safety issue in my opinion. Anyone heard of this? I purchased it new about 6 weeks ago. Thanks for all your help. 2 more dives and I am OW certified. boomer

1st I have heard of the VEO 100 having a depth issue. Try posting in the Oceanic Q & A and then definitely take it back to where you bought it and get a new one. We do not sell many VEO 100 because they are air only. The ones we have sold, have had zero problems....reported.

I had an older Oceanic computer that had a similar problem. It read correctly for many dives, and then started to consistently read shallow. My guess is that it was caused by a build up of salt crystals on the sensor, since soaking it for a few hours in warm water cured the problem.

It's an easy fix to try before sending it back.

PLEASE DON"T DIVE IT!

7 feet off is too much by far. Please contact us or your Local Oceanic Dealer and we will switch the unit out.

PM me if I can help at all,

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom