Vyper question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Baldwin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I recently brought back my friend's Vyper from Cozumel. It had completely stopped working and he asked me to bring it back to the states and see about getting it serviced.

I took the back off. Cleaned the inside and put in a new battery. It came on but showed Test 33A and that was all.

I dropped it by a diveshop that services Suunto and they asked if my friend was a divemaster. I told them that he owned his own business and dived several days a week. The owner of the LDS said he thought that the memory was full and that it would need to be sent back to the factory to be cleared and reset.

One of my computers is also a Vyper. I bought it used without a manual but I have never had anything go wrong with it. Was this guy right?

In the future before this happens again can I buy a cable connection and my buddy do this himself or was something else the problem?

The person that told you that the memory is full is full of used bits. The memory may be full but it will just drop the last dive off to make room for the next. This is the way dive computers with memory work.

I do not know what Test 33A means but I would suggest calling one of Suunto's real service centers and send it back to them rather talking to the dealer.

Scared Silly:
The person that told you that the memory is full is full of used bits. The memory may be full but it will just drop the last dive off to make room for the next. This is the way dive computers with memory work.

I do not know what Test 33A means but I would suggest calling one of Suunto's real service centers and send it back to them rather talking to the dealer.

Sounded like a line to me as well. I have three Oceanic models and as you said the dives simply rotate out of the memory as it fills up. Thanks.

Hi all, I know this is a super old thread, but it’s the first hit on google search!
Just had this problem after a battery change - test 33a displayed, and unable to clear.
In my case, I took the battery out, and replaced it (only a few seconds in between). Seems to be working fine now, so maybe worth a try.

BWs

Back
Top Bottom