Smarttrak won't start (please help me!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soldave

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I've gone ahead and bought the Uwatec Smart Com console this morning, and installed the Smarttrak software (V1.0.3.23) so I could change the tank pressure settings to metric, and log my dives. I managed to install the software (but only after stopping many othe rprocesses on my computer), but now I can't run the program. If I run it I get the following series of error messages:

"Jet error: No Microsoft.Jet found"

After clicking ignore (clicking abort just closes the program):

"Download latest Jet from Microsoft's web-page"

Click ok, which causes the splash screen to appear, but then:

"Open logbook: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"

I then get a box so I can choose a logbook to open. But I cannot run the program so the only option is opening "demo.slg". If I do that I get the previous error message. If I click cancel then the startup procedure stops.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I have checked an my version of Microsoft Jet is the latest version, so I can't install a later version. Does anyone have any idea what I should do, as the computer isn't too much use to me in imperial measurements and without the logging & other options which are included in the program? Oh - and I am not using McAfee either.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can offer me some advice.

It's a trick question.

You don't need "The Latest Jet", you need what was the latest when SmartTrak was written, which is MDAC 1.5.

Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-D52A-415A-9316-76DBCC794DF2&displaylang=en

Terry

soldave:
Well I've gone ahead and bought the Uwatec Smart Com console this morning, and installed the Smarttrak software (V1.0.3.23) so I could change the tank pressure settings to metric, and log my dives. I managed to install the software (but only after stopping many othe rprocesses on my computer), but now I can't run the program. If I run it I get the following series of error messages:

"Jet error: No Microsoft.Jet found"

After clicking ignore (clicking abort just closes the program):

"Download latest Jet from Microsoft's web-page"

Click ok, which causes the splash screen to appear, but then:

"Open logbook: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"

I then get a box so I can choose a logbook to open. But I cannot run the program so the only option is opening "demo.slg". If I do that I get the previous error message. If I click cancel then the startup procedure stops.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I have checked an my version of Microsoft Jet is the latest version, so I can't install a later version. Does anyone have any idea what I should do, as the computer isn't too much use to me in imperial measurements and without the logging & other options which are included in the program? Oh - and I am not using McAfee either.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can offer me some advice.

Web Monkey:
It's a trick question.

You don't need "The Latest Jet", you need what was the latest when SmartTrak was written, which is MDAC 1.5.

Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-D52A-415A-9316-76DBCC794DF2&displaylang=en

Terry
When I download and run that I get a message saying:

"Microsoft Data Access Components 2.5 is already installed on the version of Windows that you are running. Setup cannot update this system"

According to the download page, the MDAC is only for Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows NT systems, as XP already has it.

EDIT: When I use the original CD that came with the dive computer, I can choose "supplemental programs" and see which programs I have and which I need. It says I have Miscrosoft MDAC 2.8, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. But it says I don't have Microsoft Jet. When I try to install it, it says that a newer version is already on the system. Very strange...

Have you an Antivirus Installed??????
try to download again the program...sometimes are corrupted, why...boh!! I don't know.
delete the old one.......

I've tried disabling antivirus software when installing and running StartTrak, but no luck. I have downloaded the program a number of times, and also downloaded older versions, but I still get the message about Microsoft Jet not being installed.

Try these two:

This is the Jet Database update.

This is the MDAC update. Both are the latest for XP from Microsoft..

Other than that, you might want to contact Uwatec.

Terry

soldave:
When I download and run that I get a message saying:

"Microsoft Data Access Components 2.5 is already installed on the version of Windows that you are running. Setup cannot update this system"

According to the download page, the MDAC is only for Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows NT systems, as XP already has it.

EDIT: When I use the original CD that came with the dive computer, I can choose "supplemental programs" and see which programs I have and which I need. It says I have Miscrosoft MDAC 2.8, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. But it says I don't have Microsoft Jet. When I try to install it, it says that a newer version is already on the system. Very strange...

Web Monkey:
Try these two:

This is the Jet Database update.

This is the MDAC update. Both are the latest for XP from Microsoft..

Other than that, you might want to contact Uwatec.

Terry
I've already tried both of those. When I try installing the MDAC, it gives me the message you were quoting from. When I try installing Microsoft Jet service pack 8, it tells me that a newer version (the SP2 version) is already installed.

I've emailed Scubapro Uwatec about it using their generic email address, and I'm praying they'll get back to me soon.

OK, I've got one last thing to try.

Have you downloaded the latest SmartTrak from Uwatec?

http://us.uwatec.com/software/software_smarttrak.asp

The one of the CD is usually pretty old.

Terry

soldave:
I've already tried both of those. When I try installing the MDAC, it gives me the message you were quoting from. When I try installing Microsoft Jet service pack 8, it tells me that a newer version (the SP2 version) is already installed.

I've emailed Scubapro Uwatec about it using their generic email address, and I'm praying they'll get back to me soon.

The last one...find the folder with all smarttrack data e clean up manually.
I uninstalled the program one day...I was enable to see the tissue.....I uninstalled/installed a couple times but nothing...after I saw this folder with a couple of files......deleted and Installed , now everything working.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom