Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikiko

Reaction score
The Pro Plus 2 is designed for recreational, no-decompression diving. It is not designed to be used for decompression diving. For the kind of diving they describe on the Bikini site (repeated deco dives between 130 and 170 fsw), it would not be useful. You would end up in a violation mode. This is a very good computer for recreational diving, it is not suited for technical diving becuase it is not designed for it, not because it is low-quality. Keep using it for rec dives, but for tec dives, you will need something else.

From a tech instrs. perspective. If you are just starting I would be teaching you extensive table use. For that you'll be better off with a wrist unit that you can put in gauge mode.

The most inexpensive computer that I know of that will do that is the Veo 100 wrist (Oceanic).

It will serve you well as you learn tech. and also serve as a good backup for recreational to your Pro Plus2.

Once you have more experience in tech and know what direction you want to go you're either gonna stick with tables or go the very high end helium type computer designed for technical diving. These cost well over $1 K and IMHO at the stage your are at is a waste of money and a crutch when you should be really getting a complete knowledge of deco.

Best,

Chris

I use a pro plus II , and it does have a deco mode, rates dives to 330 ft, I think that you should visit their web site and ask specific questions, they also have a free download for their owners manuals...See ya` under

Eagle-scuba:
I use a pro plus II , and it does have a deco mode, rates dives to 330 ft, I think that you should visit their web site and ask specific questions, they also have a free download for their owners manuals...See ya` under

Yes the ProPlus2 will do deco. I would still recommend otherwise for technical diving.

By the way I'm not just using the Oceanic logo, I am the Southeast Oceanic Rep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom