New OceanLog problems with new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joeabroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Oceanic recently replaced my Veo 200 under warranty after the previous one leaked and blew out—thanks, guys, for that.

When I downloaded my first 6 dives on the new Veo 200 into my existing OceanLog log, it worked quickly and efficiently, but is producing a new series of headaches none the less. These two problems, so far:

1) When I’m in the “Dive” section of the “Dive Log” I can’t scroll forward past the last of the dives from the old computer using the blue scroll arrows. I can jump to the last one and then go backward, but can’t go forward one by one.

2) I can’t edit either the “Lifetime Dive #” or “PDC Dive #” so I appear to be stuck permanently at the number of dives I had before I got the new computer.

Any suggestions or fixes for me?

I found your second point to be a problem for me as well. Since I had dives prior to owning my computer, I would like the ability to manually set the dive number or even manually enter non-computer dives. This way it could act as my log book.

joeabroad:
Oceanic recently replaced my Veo 200 under warranty after the previous one leaked and blew out—thanks, guys, for that.

When I downloaded my first 6 dives on the new Veo 200 into my existing OceanLog log, it worked quickly and efficiently, but is producing a new series of headaches none the less. These two problems, so far:

1) When I’m in the “Dive” section of the “Dive Log” I can’t scroll forward past the last of the dives from the old computer using the blue scroll arrows. I can jump to the last one and then go backward, but can’t go forward one by one.

2) I can’t edit either the “Lifetime Dive #” or “PDC Dive #” so I appear to be stuck permanently at the number of dives I had before I got the new computer.

Any suggestions or fixes for me?

Being able to change the lifetime dive number is something that we're looking at for the next round.

Not being able to scroll forward through the dives is giving me a case of deja vu - check to make sure you're running the lastest version (2.0.2). If you are still having the problem, please give our Customer Service Manager, Ron Landess a call or email.

Ron Landess
(800) 435-3483, ext. 226
rlandess@oceanicusa.com

Doug Krause:
Being able to change the lifetime dive number is something that we're looking at for the next round.

Not being able to scroll forward through the dives is giving me a case of deja vu - check to make sure you're running the lastest version (2.0.2). If you are still having the problem, please give our Customer Service Manager, Ron Landess a call or email.
QUOTE]

I downloaded 2.0.2 and that took care of the scrolling problem, sure enough. I'll look forward to being able to adjust the dive numbers and making this a true log.

Another question--would it be possible to fix the program so that, having entered in my beginning and ending psi, SAC for a given dive would be caculated automatically?

We have just uploaded a significant upgrade to OceanLog 2.X download/upload USB PC Interface (version 2.1.0). A number of improvements were made based on user feedback. You may download the latest version and read the release notes at: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html. Installation of the full version is required, but does NOT require that you uninstall the previous version

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Back
Top Bottom