Snorkels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaiviti

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and i just had a few questions to ask you guys.

I want to get a new snorkel and i am tossing up between a few different ones.

1. Aqualung Impulse 3
2. Genesis Mojave
3. Aeris Barracuda
4. Oceanic Ultradry
5. Tusa Platina 2 Hyperdry

Another question. I was looking on the joediveramerica website and i found that the Aeris Barracuda and the Oceanic Ultradry look exactly the same. Is this so.

I am looking for the best "dry" snorkel that i can find.

Thanks for your help

i have the Hyperdry and i think its the 'cats ***'. I havent tried any of the other ones but i do however sell them HAHA. Ive been meaning to try them.

I would say go with what ever is reasonably priced. Theres no need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a snorkel, but dont go with something for pennies either.

My wife and I each have the Genesis Mojave. Comfortable and it does well in heavy seas. Much better than the oddballs we had before.

Caution.... The mouthpiece and flex hose are very pliable silicone and do not fit to the rigid sections in a bullet proof manner. My wife lost a mouthpiece somewhere along the way. My solution was 3 small tiewraps, just like on a regultaor mouthpiece.

I have no doubt that some items are rebranded or components are shared across brands.

Pete

What's a snorkel? :confused:

Oh yeah, I remember those things now... :wink:

The Oceanic and Aeris are the same. I have a Barracuda and have been happy with it. Mostly I use a snorkel when snorkeling and that is the only time(Although I might ab dive in the future). I like a dry snorkel for that so I can dive down, and resurface without ever having to do a power exhale instead just casually continue breathing like I never left the surface.

I've seen quite a few freedivers using the Impulse (Rigid version)

If you plan on diving Nitrox, don't forget to get your snorkel O2 cleaned !!! :wink:

the K

I test dive all of our snorkels. The Aeris Barrcuda is an excellent snorkel. It is really "dry" compared to many that are really only semi-dry. I've tested it and think it's a great snorkel that would work great for snorkeling and diving. I have several kids that are still snorkelers (not certified yet because they're too young) and they love it. I got mine at Crazyscuba.com. But that's a given!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom