Does anyone has problem with their Suunto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have my Mosquito for 4 years but recently in my last dive trip, it cranked out on me. It was hung on its dive mood despite me on surface and just washing my hands. There was an earlier similar incident during the trip and was hung for good 96 hours. I wasn't in deco though.

Was told a good US$200 approx for repair by Suunto for replacement of PCB board. I didn't think it is worth it. Have anyone has any similar problems?

Yes, my first mosquito went into dive mode while I was at home. I had to send it in to be fixed.

was it FOC or did they make you pay too?

Just returned from a dive trip using my Suunto Cobra, Tusa IQ-800 and Mares DiveMate. Just had the Cobra battery changed before the trip by my LDS. Never had a problem with the Cobra before. Initially, on this trip, the Cobra worked fine; gave comparable readings to the other two dive computers. Then, it wierded out showing a depth of 2/3 the depth the other two were showing consistantly. At that juncture I had to ignore the Cobra's NDTs. Pressure reading seemed OK. The crew of the liveaboard suggested removing and replacing the battery; we did that. Thereafter, the Cobra gave depth readings consistant with the other two; but I still couldn't trust it. Plan to send it in to Suunto for check-out. Mark

Good move. I think Suunto should realise there is indeed something with their products somewhere.

Sorry, madfish, just re-saw this thread. My mosquito was only 4 months old when it crapped out on me. They sent me a new one, which was bad out of the box (backlight flickered and sometimes wouldn't come on). Both times at no cost to me.

Third one has worked fine now for almost three years.

Back
Top Bottom