gloves with out neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishfood

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
any one know of any companys that make gloves for warm water with out neoprene?
my friends ask me to look and find out ( im cheating now make me look good)

You could just use Mechanics gloves. They don't have any neoprene. Non neoprene gloves wouldn't provide any thermal protection.

The gloves I have switched to are mechanics gloves, $2.20 a pair, actually have a better grip than most dive gloves, and I don't get upset if someone accidently puts them in thier bag when cleaning up the boat.

I've got some that I bought from Diver Supply almost 10 years ago that are nylon with leather (or fake leather) palms. no Neopreme at all. Great for warm water diving to protect your hands.
I can't find them on their website.... maybe they don't make them anymore.

Several companies make gloves like that now.,... Akona, etc.

If you can't find the nylon ones, maybe you could also look at some of the Kevlar gloves, tough but not neopreme warm. I'm thinking about replacing a pair of my henderson gloves with something like this.
http://www.divesports.com/mall/akona_bgh_akfg702.asp

mrjimboalaska:
The gloves I have switched to are mechanics gloves, $2.20 a pair, actually have a better grip than most dive gloves, and I don't get upset if someone accidently puts them in thier bag when cleaning up the boat.
Where did you find them that cheap?

I have used water ski gloves. Thin leather (or something similar) and nylon, the palms and fingers are beefed up for the ski rope so they work great on anchor lines or wrecks.

I wear Atlas gloves, the ones with the blue rubber palms in water over 48 degrees. Perfect for diving as far as im concerned pick em up at the hardware store

JUMBO

jumbo:
I wear Atlas gloves, the ones with the blue rubber palms in water over 48 degrees. Perfect for diving as far as im concerned pick em up at the hardware store

JUMBO

Are they the cotton gloves with the blue rubber on the palm and finger tips? That's what I've been using the last couple dives, I like them and they are like $2 at WallyWorld.

Tusa DG-5500
They come in Black/Blue or solid Black.
Got mine from Scuba.com

one question . . . why do you need gloves for warm water diving, if not to keep your mits warm?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom