Scubapro D400 repair manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luis H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Were can I obtain a repair manuals or documentation on the adjustment procedures and sequence for the D400, not just the break down diagram(I have the diagram)?

I worked for a Scubapro dealer back in the 70’s (and into the early 80’s) and still do all my own maintenance and repairs, but the newest Scubapro I worked on is the Pilot (and I don’t remember much about it). I have a bunch of Mk5 with converted second stages to balanced.

I recently bought two D400 second stages and would like to service them when needed.

Getting parts is not a problem; I have a good relationship with the local dive shops. They actually have come to me to do double hose regulator repair. Lately I have been specializing on vintage USD double hose regulators.

I am very comfortable taking apart most regulators, even some that I haven’t seen before (I am a mechanical engineer), but if there is any documentation, I prefer to do it the easy way.

Thanks in advance for any information you can help me with.

Luis H:
Were can I obtain a repair manuals or documentation on the adjustment procedures and sequence for the D400, not just the break down diagram(I have the diagram)?

I worked for the Scubapro dealer back in the 70’s (and into the early 80’s) and still do all my own maintenance and repairs, but the newest Scubapro I worked on is the Pilot (and I don’t remember much about it). I have a bunch of Mk5 with converted second stages to balanced.

I recently bought two D400 second stages and would like to service them when needed.

Getting parts is not a problem; I have a good relationship with the local dive shops. They actually have come to me to do double hose regulator repair. Lately I have been specializing on vintage USD double hose regulators.

I am very comfortable taking apart most regulators, even some that I haven’t seen before (I am a mechanical engineer), but if there is any documentation, I prefer to do it the easy way.

Thanks in advance for any information you can help me with.

Honestly while not as difficult as the pilot the D400 can be a PITA to service. Get together with someone who has done lots of them to go thru. It takes practice and a touch. A few years back working with 3 other very experienced techs they all left the D400 for me to service because when they tried it ended up with me anyhow, we also left all the dacor extremes to one guy because we all screwed up tuning the second...

cerich:
Honestly while not as difficult as the pilot the D400 can be a PITA to service.

cerich thanks for the response.

I was afraid of that. That is why I was hoping to find some documentation before I took them apart.

I can ask for guidance from my LDS but I don’t want to push my welcome. The tech at the shop near my house always seems to be super busy and the other Scubapro shop that I am good friends with is almost two hours away.

I worked mostly for two Scubapro dealers. One in Puerto Rico (starting in 1971 at Divers Service Center) and then in the late 70’s in Memphis, Tennessee, while I was going to college, and I don’t remember ever seen a good repair manual (like some of the other companies like USD, Voit, etc. published). All we ever had was detail diagrams, which granted it was all you needed for a Mk5 and all the other Scubapro regulators of the 70’s (until the Pilot).

Does Scubapro ever publish good repair manuals? My LDS haven’t mentioned having one either.

I got my start as a repair tech from servicing my own stuff and knowing how to properly tune and adjust my D400's. I would get called by the local SP tech to come in and do them when they got one and that led to them just sending me to a course and haivng me just do all their service work for them.

Send me a PM and I can hopefully give you clear enough diections to get you through the process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom