Which Reg? Sherwood Or Dive Rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave83

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to purchase my first reg from my LDS and got some quotes. They sell and service sherwood, dive rite, tusa and genesis. He gave me a good quote on the sherwood blizzard and also one on the dive rite RG2500.
The dive tire is 100 dollars more. Is the dive rite a better regulator for the price? Most of my diving will be in Eastern Canada in cold water with the odd dive in the caribbean.

Thanks,
Dave

You can't go wrong with a sherwood reg. They're bulletproof and easy to service.

Go with the Diverite. I've breathed em both side by side @ 100'. The Diverite wins hands down. The DR has a turret/swivel on the first stage and is easier to route hoses. The sherwood is easy to work on and a good reg. Basically you get what you pay for. Look at regulator tests and you will see the Diverite rates much better than the Sherwood.
Bill

I'll 2nd the vote for the Sherwood. I've had mine for about 18 years with no problems and plentiful parts for service. The Sherwood and DiveRite both should perform well for many, many years, so the question will come down to whether you want to spend another $100 for marginal, if any, gain.

Under 80' I prefer the Diverite. Sherwoods are tough breathers for ME. I hate to labor
a reg. I dive Zeagles but if I had to chose 1 primary reg from the choices given it would be Diverite if I was going deep.

I have the Dive Rite 2500ICE with the compact gauge console and I LOVE it! Mine doesn't have the swivel though. I dove my buddy's Dive Rite to 135 feet in 38 degree water and that was enough to convince me to replace my beloved Scubapro MK10. The Dive Rite has a service schedule of every other year instead of annually (see owners manual for details) so you save money on that too.

The university has Sherwoods (Maximus) and I don't even like using them in the pool.
Ber :lilbunny:

I live in Canada and I've looked at the matter myself.

I finally bought an Apeks online at divesports.com (wich as a sale going on, AL terminated their contract with them).

But I would recommend the Dive-Rite between the two.
you can buy them directly from dive-rite at www.diveriteexpress.com
divesports.com as it cheaper...i think...no?

well you can have the setup for 450$ with cold water kit
its not expensive.

I bought one of my RG2500ICE's from Phil at divesports.com just because it was such a great deal! You really should give him a call.
Ber :lilbunny:

plus i think they look cooler- black & red.... heheh its stupid

but they are both workhorses of simple construction (by what i read)

I have dove sherwood everytime I rented, and I hated the regs.
Now i have an apeks and i love it

ahhh and the RG2500 is both DIN AND YOKE no?

Out of those two I'd go with the Diverite.

Canadian Diving is cold. stick to something in a balenced Enviro Sealed Diaphram. ( I like the USD/Aqualung or Apeks Regs)

look around for a used Conshelf if you want low cost and bombproof design. Love then. and I can do a complete teardown and rebuild in under 1/2 hour :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom