Info on Pipin Ferreras in 2006?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkman72fla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was just curious if anyone knows what Pipin Ferreras is doing or where he may be these days. I read the book on him and Audrey last month and was just wondering. Thanks! Safe Diving!!!

I bet he is still a hack and careless, whatever he is doing now.

Sorry to hear you bought his book, he doesnt deserve the proceeds.

~Marlinspike

My sources in Miami tell me that he has been reduced to doing boat repair and selling fish he hunts for. It's a sad thing to watch someone fall from grace so to speak - but the universe tends to humble those who feel they are something more than they truly are.

I know about Audre (what a goddess) and the back and forth about whether he was to blame, but why the harsh words for him? Dont really know much about the guy, so just curious....

Christof

Christof:
I know about Audre (what a goddess) and the back and forth about whether he was to blame, but why the harsh words for him? Dont really know much about the guy, so just curious....

Christof

Long story - Pipin was a great freediver - but as a person, he left somewhat to be desired.

Unfortunately, he never came clean about what happened. Technically, he was responswible for her deaqth. He was the ONLY person who checked the lift bag inflator tank. The tank was found to be almost empty. That is gross neglegence on his part. But he'll never do time for it. Audrey wasn't a goddess - she was a genuine sweet soul who died way before her time. Having gotten to meet her made my life a little better.

But this is beating a dead horse... What's done is done.

5ata:
But this is beating a dead horse... What's done is done.

+2...................

Thanks everbody. Didn't mean to bring up a controversial subject, so thanks for the replies. Never met either of them, wish I had. Wish the U.S. had more freediving exposure, be nice to see the competitions on T.V.

Back
Top Bottom