Punta Cana suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I leave on 9/11 for a week in Punta Cana DR. Looking for any info on dives that I should not miss. I have looked at some packages that included Catalina and Saona. Does anyone have any experiences here that you would like to share?
I am also looking for information about the Dive operators in Punta Cana. The only one I know about is Dressel Dives. I dove with these folks in Playa Del Carmen, but think they are a bit expensive at this location.

You might want to go to the top of the page and put it in the search box.
I have never been there but am very interested in going.
I read my Chapbook. Here is what it says. " Despite the flury of advertisments touting the reefs on DR, we have yet to hear from a well traveled diver who thinks much of the diving there".
Having shown you that, it listed Aquatic Aventures at the Best Western Metro Marine Hotel as a 'first class' operator. www.aquaticadventures.com
Good luck!

I've been there. The "Undercurrent" comments are charitable. Great golf course, some nice resorts & some bargain rates, however.

The best diving is down south, around La Romana & Juan Dolio.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Dectek,
Good for you, for traveling on 9/11 As for DR, please fill us in when you get back. I'm considering going there Aug 2003 but have zero info on dive operators dive sites etc. I'm hoping you'll give us all the scope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom