Sherwood Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just picked up Sherwood Oasis regulator and Genisis Dive Computer. Obviously the best choice according to my LDS. Just was wondering if anyone had any feedback on these two items.

Haven't had the opportunity to try em out yet.

I use Sherwood Blizzard and Maximus and I love them both. The Oasis is more for warmer water but I`m certain you`ll be very happy. Very rugged and dependable.

Excellent regulator.

Hello, as far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with a sherwood regulator. The parts are readily available and any dive shop in the world can fix them. My wife and I both love the moisture retention system on the oasis second stage,and even though i have had several dacor regs over the years,I recently rebuilt another oasis so that we only have to take one set of spare parts on vacation. Good luck Scott Enloe

I'll swear by Sheerwood! regulators easy to work on, parts availability, lots of qualified service techs and dealers world wide, performs great, established company with great record. ( they do most medical valves and regs for hospitals) we'er talking life support here. We dive an oasis and two magnums.

That being said-- thier computers are much the same as a dozen other mfg's. My wife and I had two of thier "Profiles" flood in the past 18 mos. they were covered under warranty. We also cary two Oceanic VEO 100's Both have the exact same cases and are probably the same computers. the only differance that I can see is the display GUI (Graffic User Interface). We've learned not to head out on a dive trip without redundent computers AND DIVE TABLES.

Isn't it a little late to ask if you already bought?

love my sherwood oasis regs - ive got 2 sets actually and although hubby tried to buy me new regs last year i refused. even the child (13yrs) dives with a oasis.

hope you enjoy them just as much

Welcome to the board! My wife swears by her Oasis, the moisture retention system is the best bar none. She used an Oasis 2 for many years (circa 1995) and recently upgraded to a 2006 model which is an easier breather. I have an older Sherwood Maximus that I have used since 1995 (see avatar), and if the water is near freezing, this is my first choice to dive with. I also have a Scubapro D400/MK20 which I dive with frequently as well. Good choice! Have fun and stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom