Whiskey Wreck 5-24-6 Night Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whiskey Wreck 5-24-6 Dive Report

I met up with Kenny R and his friend Logan today at the public parking next to Bahama Bob's at 7:30PM to do a night dive on the Whiskey Wreck. USCGflyer was running late and would meet us on the wreck mid dive. Weather was nice on the surface and the surf was running no more than shin high, but it gave us a slight surge on bottom.

Logan called his dive on the way out to the Whiskey while I was clipping the flag off to the wreck. So Kenny and I had the Whiskey to ourselves for quite some time. Water temps in the mid-70sF and visibility at the beginning of the dive was a fairly clean 5-15', much better than reports of yesterday's dives. We swam around the wreck counterclockwise and took some flounder along the way. Spades were schooling everywhere and large catfish and even an octopus was swimming along the bottom. USCG joined us about midway through the dive and after an hour Kenny headed in to meet back up with Logan. USCG and I continued and shot more fish. I ended up with 10 flounder, Kenny shot 5 and gave them to USCG whom added another to the bag. My total dive time spanned 84 minutes and I hit a max depth of 17'. By the end of the dive, visibility got noticably dirtier and dropped to 3-10'.

It was another great night dive on the Whiskey and very productive too. Pics below!

flounder5_24_6.jpg

ericflounder5_24_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom