Can you erase Suunto Stinger Memory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
If so how? Leave the battery out or is there a setting? Thanks.

you should be able to clear most, but not all the memory on the stinger (the number of dives stays I think). you can see the owner's manual at www.suunto.com and it will give you the steps.

use the suunto dive manager, you can connect to the stinger to clear all the logs

john3102:
use the suunto dive manager, you can connect to the stinger to clear all the logs

Have a mac, will not connect to the manager.

then get a real computer. :D

seriously, I've written a program that'll erase a suunto but it's only for the PC.

I would recommend taking your stinger to someone who will let you download the info into their computer and reset your memory to "factory default". That way you could make a hard copy of the dives and clear the memory.

No way I see to clear without using the computer interface. Likely if battery out for a couple of hours it would reset but I thought stinger battery was replaced at factory. The suunto web site will let you post email questions for support.

Isn't there mac software that will let you immulate a pc? Newer macs will run windows, or so I've heard.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom