Regulator Owners Manual.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heliflyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does Oceanic have an owners manual that is specific for the Delta4/FDX10 regulator?
The manual I got with my purchase seems to be geared more for the Delta 3,Omega
series.One specific question I have has to do with the surge protector colored inserts and how to change them,this is not mentioned in the owners manual.Also after reading through the manual I'm still a little confused on which direction(clockwise or counter
clockwise)to turn the knob for breathing resistance.Thanks for your help.
Lanny

heliflyer:
Does Oceanic have an owners manual that is specific for the Delta4/FDX10 regulator?
The manual I got with my purchase seems to be geared more for the Delta 3,Omega
series.One specific question I have has to do with the surge protector colored inserts and how to change them,this is not mentioned in the owners manual.Also after reading through the manual I'm still a little confused on which direction(clockwise or counter
clockwise)to turn the knob for breathing resistance.Thanks for your help.
Lanny

The knob turns clockwise for a higher cracking effort, counter clockwise for less.

The front of the reg screws off (counter clockwise)and you remove the ring, face and colour insert and change it. Then place colour insert of choice, face piece and ring back on. If you take the diaphram out be carefull that you put it back right. This is easy but you'd be best to have your LDS show you.

Best,

Chris

The Delta-3/CDX oriented manual also describes the Up/Down 1st stage orientation and a “venturi assisted” LP port preferred for the 2nd stage hose. It recommends the Down orientation so that a right side oriented 2nd stage is in the venture assisted port.

Does the FDX have this same venturi assisted port preference for the 2nd stage hose? I would like to mount in an Up position so that the HP hose fittings point down. Will the move of the 2nd stage lp hose to accommodate this be a problem?

cerich – I went through with it – selling my Sherwood Maximus to a friend and just ordered a Delta-4/FDX from my LDS (Oak Hill Scuba). I’ll miss the Maximus, but the Delta-4 swivel looks to be a better set up for me – I just couldn’t get used to the under arm hose of the Maximus. My son still loves it and is keeping his Maximus, but I’m now fully Oceanic - BC, regs, computer

No problem, that is how I have mine.

I think you will really enjoy the 4! It is a world apart from what you were diving.

Thanks for the trust in us.

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom