Is there a Beerbottle Proof boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tagerisatroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there was a Boot with a Sole that could stand up to a broken beer bottle, Today, unfortunatly i was on the wrong end of one, and the semi-soft sole of the boot I was wearing just couldn't save me from having to get six stitches, and since now i'm in the market for a new set of boots I thought i would ask some advice. and get some suggestions

My previous set was an off brand, and the tag had long since worn off. Unforunatly the bottle had been in the mud and when i shiffted my weight to put my fin on it drove it through the bottom of the boot. Anyway, any suggestions about pucnture proof boots will be apreicated.

Thanks

Well,

If you don't mind diving in JetFins or Rockboots, you could actually use some military style boots. I think ScubaPro sells some more traditional boots with a pretty thick sole. Given my choice, I think I'd go for a a set of jungle boots cut down to about 6" high and use Rocket fins.

Thanks for the suggestions I decided I was over reacting a little bit because I’m going to be out of the water for two weeks :jpshakehe while my foot gets better, but the semi soft boot did take the brunt of the cut. If I was a smaller person it probably would have held up I’m 275 Plus 44lbs of lead and my scuba gear, and I had just shifted all my weight to that foot to put on my fin I’m not even sure it was a beer bottle that cut the boot and my foot to be honest.

But it looks like to have absolutely safe feet I’d have to switch over to a set of turbo fins or turtles and I don’t really want to do that. I guess I’ll just have to watch out for the malt beverage land mines a little better in the future.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I thought I read that some people are using Keds for their booties... If the water isn't too cold, it might be an option. Though, I haven't tried it here in the PNW (where the water is in to 40's).

Man that sucks. I have some...what I really thought was thick bottom booties....and was walking around Bonaire when my right foot was suddenly in great pain. I had stepped on some kind of three pronged sharpie on land it just went straight through my bootie. Some things are just tougher than the bootie I guess.

Just glue steel plates to the bottom of your boots. It has the added bonus of being able to take some weight off your belt!

Back
Top Bottom