P'Cola Biolers Dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chester

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dove a couple of wrecks Sunday out of Orange Beach, AL. First dive was the Pete Tide (which was a pretty cool wreck). I'm not sure I got the correct name for second dive site.. heard someone say it was known as the P'Cola Boilers but was wondering if anyone knew what the actual name of the site is (assuming P'cola Boilers isn't accurate). It was a wreck in about 75 ft - most visible portion was the hull and the ships boilers. Anyone dove this site or know it by another name?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, dove with Gary's Gulf Diver's and had a great time! Crew on the boat was excellent. Vis ranged from 10-20 .. current was pretty strong at 15 ft on the Pete Tide. Temps were about 70-72 at depth (70-90 feet). Great dives overall and I can't wait to return.

chester:
Dove a couple of wrecks Sunday out of Orange Beach, AL. First dive was the Pete Tide (which was a pretty cool wreck). I'm not sure I got the correct name for second dive site.. heard someone say it was known as the P'Cola Boilers but was wondering if anyone knew what the actual name of the site is (assuming P'cola Boilers isn't accurate). It was a wreck in about 75 ft - most visible portion was the hull and the ships boilers. Anyone dove this site or know it by another name?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, dove with Gary's Gulf Diver's and had a great time! Crew on the boat was excellent. Vis ranged from 10-20 .. current was pretty strong at 15 ft on the Pete Tide. Temps were about 70-72 at depth (70-90 feet). Great dives overall and I can't wait to return.

Likely, the second dive was the San Pablo (Russian Freighter). Covered with window weights and fishing lead. Typical second-tank dive on the H2O Below.

From my limited research (which concisted of about 15 minutes surfing the web), that's what I assumed it was. Thanks ... :)

Yeah... there were about 6 boats fishing it when we pulled up. If looks could kill..... :evil:

One of our divers even got caught on a hook while swimming along the lower tag line (which was 15 ft below our boat and down to the wreck).

Yeah... if it looked like a debri field that possibly once was a boat, and a few large intact boilers sitting ontop and toppled over, probably the Russian Frieghter. :)

Thanks for the semi-report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom