Air Integrated Comp Holesess or console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mannie071

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Everybody!
I am in the market for a Air Integrated Dive Computer. I was looking for opinions on what everybody prefers either a Hoseless or Console type Computer. I am just a beginner diver and I dont have a budget but I dont want to pay for frivelous features. I was thinking for the Console type Sherwood Wisdom or the Uwatec Smartcom. What I was thinking for the Hoseless type was the Oceanic Atom with transmitter or the Suunto D9 with transmitter. Thanks Everybody!

Having the wrist mount unit (hoseless) is convient for photo, or hunting. It is nice to be able to check your gauges with your hands full. Just a thought if you are planning to do more than rec diving in the future.

I am planning to switch from a console to wrist mount with wireless air.
I have been happy with my console for over 10 years but nitrox means I must upgrade. My watch gives me depth, depth alarm, time alarm, so I mostly only check my console for preasure. My old sherwood has a simple indicator for deco time and as long as I am in the green I am ok.

One less hose is my main reason. I might put a SPG on a short hose as a backup,or a small guage on the 1st stage, yet to be decided.
If I wasn't going wireless then I would leave the computer in the console. That way you cannot go diving without it, it can't fall off, no sync problems, etc. :D

I wouldn't suggest the Oceanic Atom....but would suggest the VT Pro or the V3(new model) it's air integrated Nitroix ready. You can use it as a wrist mount or a retractor mount with or without a compass. A lot bigger numbers for easier reading...and it does anything you'll ever need...

Mannie071:
I dont have a budget but I dont want to pay for frivelous features.

You have answered your own question. You don't want a hoseless or air integrated computer according to the statement above.:wink:

Welcome to the board Mannie! This question or similiar comes up every other day so I do suggest you do a search in this forum and you will have a month of reading ahead of you. Have fun deciding!:D

Mannie071

we have a few divers from Japan that might be able to give you tips where to purchase a hoseless Dive Computer.

I am using a Suunto Vytec DS w/ Transmitter. I got it really cheap brand new from a authorized dealer in Hong Kong.

Wireless Transmitters will set you back a min of $700 to $1400 depends on what brand and model.

Good luck.

Dont want to go rogue on you....BUT NEITHER>... get a decent wrist computer and be really happy and pocket some money.

ok...i will be quiet now

Yeah I am making the decision pretty soon. It looks like I will be going with the console set up because I think the hoseless for me right now and the future will be frivelous for the diving I will be doing. I still have to make up my mind between the Sherwood Wisdom and the Uwatec Smart Com. They are decently priced at the LDS at 552 bucks for the wisdom QD and 498 for the Smart com QD. Thanks everybody! Peace

Mannie071

Can you do me a favor can you ask how much is the Uwatec Smart Tec w/ Transmitter at your lds.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom