Bimini --- Atlantis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBARACER

Reaction score
Ok today I watched a special on Bimini, and these people say Atlantis is in Bimini, and there is building and pyramids underneath, blah blah...

I look on the net and its a bunch of speculation?

Anyone here ever dove in Bimini? I am now taking a special interest in this place, I WANT TO GO, and see these stones they speak about that are almost perfect squares lying in a wall like way on the floor, or columns layed down!

Anyone been? Commentary?

I dived "Road to Atlantis" in '83 and again this year. It's not a great dive, but if you're in Bimini for other dives (which are great) you might as well take time to dive "Road to Atlantis" once. BTW, the Bimini isn't exactly in the Caribbean.

Been there, seen that.

I was there in '93. Walter's right, it's one of those places you dive JUST to say you did. Otherwise it is pretty boring.

I saw a special where an "expert" uses GPS and other new technology to postulate that Atlantis was actually in South America. Amazingly, the evidence is VERRRY convincing. Much more so than the "Bimini Road"

Hey there,

I went on a Blackbeard cruise a number of years ago and we stopped at the so-called site of Atlantis. Well, if you are diving in the area ANYWAY, it's worth a peak, but I wouldn't go out there specifically for it. There really just isn't much to see!!!!!!! Yes, there are some stones, flat, cut strait in a non-nature way, but that's it. I wasn't at all impressed and I get curious about most things. The last thing I want to do is put a tainted spin on it but I just didn't find it that convincing, interesting, etc.

Jason

Hi scubaracer,

I've always found it rather ho-hum, and it unarguably is not one of the better sites in that region. Scientific support for the site being the fabled "Road to Atlantis" is entirely lacking.

Bimini has some fun scuba, however, so don't be discouraged by the lack of enthusiasm for this one dive.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Scubaracer,

I just "snorkeled" on the Bimini Road, and like all the other replies to this thread, found it ho hum.

I kept a journal of all my dives (btw, it was an awesome Blackbeard's Trip Aug 24-30, 2002) and this site warranted a whole one line comment, "Lots of kind of square rocks."

Lots of great diving around Bimini for sure though!

Thomas

How did you like the blackbeard cruise? I'm going to be going on the same one this January, and was hoping we'd stop off in Bimini, just so I could dive this site and see it for myself...

Jason Boltz once bubbled...
Hey there,

I went on a Blackbeard cruise a number of years ago and we stopped at the so-called site of Atlantis. Well, if you are diving in the area ANYWAY, it's worth a peak, but I wouldn't go out there specifically for it. There really just isn't much to see!!!!!!! Yes, there are some stones, flat, cut strait in a non-nature way, but that's it. I wasn't at all impressed and I get curious about most things. The last thing I want to do is put a tainted spin on it but I just didn't find it that convincing, interesting, etc.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom