Red Sea concise underwater life electronic guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Sea Shadow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Finally I compiled a Red Sea concise underwater life electronic guide. By no means it's a definitive guide, as it only includes the name, scientif name, pic, depth, and length. It does not contain any description; a very primitive version indeed. You can download it from
http://www.red-sea-shadow.com/downloads/RSS_FloraFauna.exe

Waiting for your comments.

Asser, it's great! And very convenient. I just went through your list with my guesses of what I had been seeing the last few days and found positive ID on a bunch.
Are you continueing to work on this? I saw some jet black beautiful feather stars, didn't find it in the yellow book, but did find it on a laminated ID sheet!
The only thing I can think of to make ID easier in your program would be to alphabetize the common names, so we can get to our guesses faster.
Thanks for the good work.
Barbara

thanks a bunch... 60 days until I go. This will help!

shrswnm:
Asser, it's great! And very convenient. I just went through your list with my guesses of what I had been seeing the last few days and found positive ID on a bunch.
Are you continueing to work on this? I saw some jet black beautiful feather stars, didn't find it in the yellow book, but did find it on a laminated ID sheet!
The only thing I can think of to make ID easier in your program would be to alphabetize the common names, so we can get to our guesses faster.
Thanks for the good work.
Barbara

Yes of course. This guide is to be maintained. If you have anything to be added, please send me the data.
The sorting issue is the most frequent comment I got. I'll make sure everything is sorted in version 2 :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom