Sea-Quest Raider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon M.

Reaction score
Has anyone used the seaquest raider? How did you like it? What are its pros and cons. I was looking at for mostly recreational diving i like the pockest and the velcro weight pockets. Also i like that it could acomodate a small set of doubles if i later wanted too. Any opinions or info would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

~Jon

Have you considered a backplate and wings? I looked at the Raider before I got my backplate - a backplate would be cheaper too, and more flexible if you decide to get into doubles like I plan to one day. Same basic idea - back inflation. But no pockets (put them on your wetsuit or leave stuff you don't need behind), and use either weight pockets like the Halcyon ACB, or get a weightbelt.

I used to own a SeaQuest Pro QD, and I was happy with the quality of it, and a buddy has a Pro Unlimited - they make nice quality gear from what I've owned/seen/heard.

I have never used a back plat and wing setup but am going to try to before i put any money down on a bc. I like that the raider has the pockets attached. But it does seem bulky, I really liked the sp superhawk when i used them in my ow class. But they seem to be a thing of the past. sp's new buckle system for the weights is a total turn of, they will probably never fall out less you break a buckle, but everyone i dive with i used to velcro weights and in an emergency i want me and my buddy to know exactly hoe to get them out, should the need arise. I believe the halcyon weight pockes are buckle in also
~Jon

Back
Top Bottom