Mix and Matching Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gryz

Registered
Reaction score
I have had all my gear sold to me by my LDS and which I have had no problems with for almost two years.

The gear is all different brands though...octo, reg., BC, ect...

Just wanted to know for the future if this is OK or not...I assume it is all personal preference, but just wanted to make sure.

My gear covers all major scuba players...

- Zeagle BC
- Mares reg
- Mares computer
- Atomic octo
- ScubaPro mask/fins
- Henderson suits

I don't think it matters. In fact, I think I'd look like a big dork if everything was made by one company. Like some big walking billboard....

That being said, go with gear that is appropriate for your type of diving, fits your body type, and looks somewhat cool (if possible)....

The important thing is to make sure it's all the same color.

No, it's not allowed. You must use all one brand or be kicked out of PADI!
Just Kidding. Most of the major brands are made by the same people anyway.
GO with what works for you and what you can get deals on and ignore the brand name.

It all has to be the same color?

Ooops.

Better throw away my hi-viz yellow Twin Jets....

Thanks...I didn't know if it made life easier to get everything serviced it it was all the same brand...

I got a little from every one

Aqualung/scubapro regs
Aeris
DiveRite
Maris
and on and on and on

It is what works for me and that is all that matters

It's all gotta match?! *brings back blue fins, yellow mask, muti-colored wet suit and BCD with red all over it*

Gryz:
Thanks...I didn't know if it made life easier to get everything serviced it it was all the same brand...
well, if your reg and octo are different brands you want to have a shop that services both brands or it would be a nuisance. Other than that, doesn't matter, if anything actually restrict you from making the best choices as different brands are better at certain things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom