Tank cam strap assembled incorrectly at factory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Enclosed is a pic of my tank cam strap that same with my BC. In the photo, the Velcro is on the outside of the strap, just where you want it to be - so that when you are done 'camming' the buckle down, you can stick the Velcro onto itself.

However, by looking at this buckles orientation in THIS photo, it seems as though the Delrin buckle was put on the clamp BACKWARDS.

I do not have another tank strap to compare mine to - can someone tell me IF this is right or wrong if they have a strap handy?

Thanks...

Rethread the strap through the buckle, then look at how the velcroe matches up. I hope you have a diagram on how to thread the strap. Once you have it threaded properly, never take it apart again. Unless you are replacing the strap, there's no reason to unthread the strap from the buckle.

Water,
I did, and no matter how it gets rethreaded, for the buckle's 'curve' to be against the tank, then the Velcro is on the INSIDE of the tank...not correct....which leads me to believe, someone incorrectly assembled the buckle onto the unit at the factory.

If you look at this diagram from Mares - the Velcro should be on the outside of this as you start. I CANNOT orient MY buckle like the pic unless all the Velcro (male and female) in on the inside where the tnak would be - and thats not right - the Velcro should be on the outside as you begin the buckle-threading task...

See photo and zoom in to like 200%...

Walter said...
Once you have it threaded properly, never take it apart again.

Is there a problem with unthreading and rethreading the buckle, other than the risk of doing it incorrectly? I do it routinely.

Zept

Yes, the probelm IS, not matter HOW I thread it - to getthe buckle to lay with the curve AGAINST the tank properly, means the Velcro is on the INSIDE loop of the strap.

So, the plastic buckle MUST be on backwards...

Take it back to your LDS and let them show you how to do it Or ebay it and buy a new one.....or look at the ones on your BP/Wing. Or just keep trolling....lol lol

Waterlover,
Why don't you TRY growing up and stop showing your obvious poor etiquette skills...

I can't see the velcro in the picture, but I'm going to _assume_ it's on the outside in the photo. If that is the case, then yes, it is incorrect. Take it back to where you purchased it from and get them to replace it.

...and we are threading it wrong. I would take a look at a similar strap...some of those things are really hard to thread (like Walter alluded to).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom