Mares Nemo v Suunto Stinger/D6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Another call for advice. I'm oh-so-close to buying a dive computer and was wondering if anyone who has used either of these machines would care to comment about any positives or negatives.

I'll be doing recreational diving about 5-10 trips a year (hoping for about 50 dives/year). In the near future, I hope to get into nitrox. I want a wrist mounted computer that I can also wear as a watch day to day.
PC log uploading is nice, but secondary. I like the extra bells and whistles such as water temp, etc. Air integrated is cool, but not necessary. Don't think the above are a/i, right? D6 maybe? Does the Mares have user-changable batteries? Any other factoids or information not in the ads? Thanks!

Yes, they even give you an extra o-ring with the nemo - it takes a very small jewler type screw driver (or one you fix eye glasses with) to open it up... and just make sure you get the o-ring back in and screw it back together. Battery is available at any radio shack.

The nemo just had the price drop - down to 425, and that's before your SB discount... but keep in mind if you do want the download software, that's an extra item... the Iris, and that will run over 100 bucks.

But if you don't care about the download, and want something that looks cool... the Nemo at the new price is a neat watch / computer.

I just got a nemo and only have 2 dives on it so far but I am very happy with it. Looks awesome too! It would definately suit the needs you listed. Some people say it is one of the more conservative computers but even then usually only by a couple minutes difference. If you do get one, make sure to get the glass protector as it is cheap and does a good job protecting the watch during a dive. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions.

scubatoys:
Yes, they even give you an extra o-ring with the nemo - it takes a very small jewler type screw driver (or one you fix eye glasses with) to open it up... and just make sure you get the o-ring back in and screw it back together. Battery is available at any radio shack.
I have been curious about this as well and noticed that it did come with a spare gasket, but doesn't Mares insist that it be sent back to them to change the battery?
Looking at it, it would seem that any good watch store should be able to change it.
Have you done it before?

SUUNTO Stinger here...love it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom