reg set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaboy14

Reaction score
first of all hey everyone. i am buying a reg set up but hte only problem now is that i don't know where stuff goes. like what port does the alternate go into, where does the console go, and where does the inflator hose go, and most importantly where does the primary second go

please please help people

Be sure to read the manual and have a local dive shop or experienced diver check before you go! The reg and octo usually go over the right (I put octo in top right rear port) with the BC air supply hose over the top left. These connections are usually on the top portion of the 1st stage. Your gauge/console hose will have a different connection all together for High Pressure (look for HP ussually on bottom of 1st stage) put it on right or left for comfort. Do not over tighten and screw up your threads.
Most important is your ability to learn your gear after assembly and again... have it checked.

and they will assemble and test it for you. Buy from some other source and you can expect your LDS to charge for assembly and/or testing. If you are not sure, support your LDS and let the experts do it.

Of course this is something you should have been familiar with from your OW class (do you remember what the regs looked like?). But yes, 2nd stages on the right (the right if the tank is on your back), LP inflator and pressure guage on the left.

You don't need to crank the hoses down, they have o-rings on them. Take a wrench and give it a solid turn, but overtightening my cause the o-ring to extrude. Don't lose those port plugs and you may need them later.

You can take it to an LDS if that makes you feel more comfortable but watch them do it so you can do it yourself next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom