Puget Sound Sunday Oct. 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakat

Reaction score
I have organized a boat dive with Soundwave SCUBA (http://www.soundwavescuba.com) for Sunday Oct 6th. We will be diving Orchard Rocks and Blakely Rocks (also known as China Wall). I am pleased to invite all of the Northwest SCUBA Boarders (and one special guest regulator) to join me on this great set of dives!

The pickup will be at the Alki boat ramp at 9am Sunday Oct. 6th.
The cost is $55 + tip and you must bring all of your own equipment. Tank rental and weights can be provided, be we need to know in advance.

Please send me a private message including your email address and I will send you my contact information.

-Kate

My time in Seattle started with a treat -- I went out for Suishi - I mean you can't get it fresher!

Then Saturday, Kate & her boyfriend came and "broke" me out of my hotel with the offer to see the town by taking a tour. Well little did they say what a great time were they going to put on for me. You see we took the "Duck Tour" of Seattle. No kidding! It was a vehicle that was sort of like a duck (well it did go on land and on the water). Not only did they do this, but they arranged for a boat load of 5-7 year-old (and a few adults) to celebrate a birthday while touring. Not only did I learn a few things about the town -- like where it really did start, and why Puget Sound is named that way, but I got to relive those glorious disco days when the driver played Disco-Duck. Honest it was a blast!

Sunday, another rescue from the hotel and we were off to the location where we were meet the boat and the other divers. Who's the first newcomer (well at least to me) -- Uncle Pug! It seemed we just got started, when we arrived at Blakely Rocks. We allowed everyone else to enter the water, as I was still a gimp with the moped injury sustained back on Bonaire. Sigh.... Well we descended down the line with no problem, then oops. A classic boo-boo. Somehow (this diver's error obviously), my weight belt dropped. Fortunately I was on the descent line, so I grabbed it, Kate grabbed the belt and her boyfriend attempted to get it back on me... did I say I was a klutz? arrrg Through a bit of manouvering we got it back on, but not securely. Up we went and I got assistance from the boat. Yes folks I do know how to do it u/w -- but I was all thumbs that day. A quick helping hand from the crew, and we descended. Bonus time. We got to the bottom just in time for Uncle Pug to point out a juvenile wolf eel. :D

A short time on the bottom, cruising around looking at all the starfish, rockfish, sponges and it was time to make our way up to the surface.

Next site - Orchard Rocks. Wheee. Don't you just love it when your gear stays where it's suppose to? I had a grand time cruising along watching the antics of the shrimp, scallops and crabs. Again I saw various rock fish and one ling cod. (Dinner anyone?)

Sorry Iguana Don, I did look for the octopus at both, but I didn't see any -- Uncle Pug saw some at both locations. I guess I'll just have to go back

Thanks gang. I had I grand time.

Oh and BTW - I passed both exams. One with 100%!

The invite to dive here is definately open to you guys.

It never fails...you're diving with new friends for the first time and it seemd like you break every one of Murphy's Laws!

Glad you had a great time!

I wish we had been able to spend more time getting aquainted... and if Shane and I hadn't scurried off to go do a third dive I suppose we could have taken you to Pegasus for Pizza and gotten to know you better.

Glad to hear you did well on your tests and hope you will make the trip out west again if only to dive. :D

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
I wish we had been able to spend more time getting aquainted... and if Shane and I hadn't scurried off to go do a third dive I suppose we could have taken you to Pegasus for Pizza and gotten to know you better.

Glad to hear you did well on your tests and hope you will make the trip out west again if only to dive. :D

Pegasus is where we went for our post dive pizza? Delish!!!

You can count on another visit to the west coast. I hope to "kidnap" a condo up in Vancouver, BC next year (the owner is on contract here in Ottawa). If all goes as planned, I'll be sure to let you all know and you can either run away or come diving along the coast somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom