Visiting Phoenix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGG_BUDD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello from Texas....

I will be visiting your great state next week for four days, and would love to check out any local fresh water dive spots near Phoenix.

Any help is apprciated...

Cheers,

Hi Jason,

Lake Pleasant in NW Phoenix (Peoria) is about the best local diving. Water temp is around 70 degrees (with a strong thermocline around 25 feet). Visibility on the weekends is up to 10 feet. Really depends on how good you and your buddy are at staying off the bottom.

I will be out at the lake tomorrow afternoon fun diving. I am working out there on Saturday/Sunday.

Have a great day diving.

jcf

Outstanding jcf. Is it possible to buddy up on site? Do to my work schedule, I think my visit will be very "last minute".

Thanks my man.

To do that, your best bet is to drive out to the end of Desert Tortoise Road on the county side of the lake. On Saturday or Sunday, you may be able to find someone on the spot. There will be a lot of dive shops out there.

jcf

THX again bro.

no prob

Jason, what bad timing! I'm sitting in Blue Ridge, TX right now, about 20 minutes from McKinney, at my in-laws!

Like John said, Lake Pleasant is pretty much it for Phoenix area diving. It's not your typical scuba park like CSSP so buddying up could be hit or miss. There are classes out there on the weekends, but they are typically classes with an agenda. If you're ever in the Phoenix area again, especially during the week, let me know. I tend to hit Pleasant weekdays to avoid the boaters and crowds. You can also check out my website for more information and recent dive reports for Lake Pleasant.

Dive-aholic:
Jason, what bad timing! I'm sitting in Blue Ridge, TX right now, about 20 minutes from McKinney, at my in-laws!

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. :)

Thanks for all the tips amigos. Unfortunately, it look slike I won't be able to get away and dive while I'm there. I think this trip is going to be all business...

Cheers,

hi folks...

i'll be in the AZ area for a month and I;m sure i could squeeze in some diving... i don;t plan to bring my stuff so some questions:

1. is it easy to rent equipment and tanks at the lake?
2. are they expensive?
3. are there local guides for the dive?

appreciate the help...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom