Whiskey Wreck 6-1-6 Night Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mikey P and I met up with Trey J, USCGflyer, and kchFLA at the parking lot next to Bahama Bob's yesterday at 7:15PMish for a night dive. The seas were pretty calm aside from a slight wind chop, so we had no problems entering the water and no problems with surge during the dive.

Visibility was similar to Memorial Day's night dive in that there was very clear, warm(84ºF) water on top, while a cooler(76ºF), murkier thermocline below 10' of water. Spades are still schooling like crazy while searobins and lizardfish line the seafloor. An assortment of other fish could also be spotted on occasion and lots of crabs were out scavenging the bottom. I saw a nice big southern ray as well. Of course, flounder were out as well. I took 8, Trey took 4, USCG took 2, and Mikey managed a single one(HA!). Visibility on the murkier side varied from 3-10' and shallow the visibility ranged to 20-25'ish. I hit a max depth of 16' for a dive lasting 102 minutes(maybe my longest dive? I'll have to check).

Wish I could have been there! Didn't get free of the office until going on 6 pm. There will be a next time!
Howard

SuPrBuGmAn:
Mikey P and I met up with Trey J, USCGflyer, and kchFLA at the parking lot next to Bahama Bob's yesterday at 7:15PMish for a night dive. The seas were pretty calm aside from a slight wind chop, so we had no problems entering the water and no problems with surge during the dive.

Visibility was similar to Memorial Day's night dive in that there was very clear, warm(84ºF) water on top, while a cooler(76ºF), murkier thermocline below 10' of water. Spades are still schooling like crazy while searobins and lizardfish line the seafloor. An assortment of other fish could also be spotted on occasion and lots of crabs were out scavenging the bottom. I saw a nice big southern ray as well. Of course, flounder were out as well. I took 8, Trey took 4, USCG took 2, and Mikey managed a single one(HA!). Visibility on the murkier side varied from 3-10' and shallow the visibility ranged to 20-25'ish. I hit a max depth of 16' for a dive lasting 102 minutes(maybe my longest dive? I'll have to check).

philmottrek99and02:
There will be a next time!
Howard

Good deal, just make sure next time is before the next surf! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom