Here's a good one ATX 200 vs. Legend LX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, but one has a black HP seat and one has a blue HP seat, what did you expect to find out?

triton013:
I read about the Titan LX vs. the Legend here, how about the ATX 200 vs. the Legend LX? Your thoughts.

Legend/Apeks are very close as for as performance goes. I think yu would choose based on which one you could get the best deal on and you can get serviced

Also ALL of the Apek models are very close. So close, I'm told they all use the same parts kit for service. The atx50/100/200 have about the same perfrmance but the hose routing is different. Perhaps you like the looks of one better

Aqualung bought Apeks so they have the same warenty too. Hard to beat a lifetime warenty.
I've got the ATX50 and I'm happy with it after 200 dives with it

The HP ports on the Legend are all the same size - the ATX's have one odd one I believe that could make spare parts a bit harder in a pinch. I've read that a lot of ATX owners immediately buy an adapter to make the one port usable with the common HP hose size.

The newer Apeks XTX's ditched that idea and are the same size as everyone else.

I'd go with what you think you can service easily where you dive regularly and plan on traveling.

I found several LDS that were US aqualung dealers, but didn't regularly stock or service Apeks even though they are the US distributor. Your mileage may vary.

Outside the US I'd be curious to hear other's thoughts. Are Aqualung and Apeks parts equally trivial to find in the Carribean, Florida, Europe?

The performance is pretty equal between the top end regulators from all of the major manufacturers (Apeks, Aqualung, Atomic, Scubapro, Zeagle, etc...)

Pick whatever one looks coolest / has the best price / sounds best

It's not like it matters that much,

-Brandon.

codecruncher:
The HP ports on the Legend are all the same size - the ATX's have one odd one I believe that could make spare parts a bit harder in a pinch.

Apex uses a larger port for the primary second stage hose. This is the hose that normally supplies breathing air. The idea is that if you make the hole larger the air has less resistance and the reg breaths easier. Maybe at 300 feet depth the air is dense enough that this maters. It will be a long time before I do a 300ft dive. But I know the ATX50 breaths effortlessly at 120ft.

The other ports are all standard size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom