Alabama Point information request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hobie14T

Reaction score
We are planning on diving Alabama Point on June 6. I have never been there and looking for some information to make it easier and enjoyable. Like where to park, east jeeties or west side, entry points, bridge info... Anything would be appreciated. We are planning on Tuesday morning if anyone would like to join us.

Thanks

Depths to ~35'ish and visibility can vary considerably. You'll want to dive at high tide, starting time dependant on how many dives you'd like to do and whether or not you want to(or have the air consumption) round the point. High tide looks to be hitting around 8:45AM and its not much of a tidal swing.

The second paved road west of the bridge is called Gulf Rd(St?), take that road and there is a few parking places on the corner where the road veers off to the right and before it deadends near the condo entrance. Park there, gear up, and walk over the dune and across the sand to the water where the jetties begin and the seawall meets. If you plan to round the point, be ready for a long walk back across loose sand :)

Have fun, I work the Mon-Fri thing, so I can't join you guys.

Oh... and welcome to ScubaBoard - I'm guessing you know speedbirdmob?

Hobie14T:
We are planning on diving Alabama Point on June 6. I have never been there and looking for some information to make it easier and enjoyable. Like where to park, east jeeties or west side, entry points, bridge info... Anything would be appreciated. We are planning on Tuesday morning if anyone would like to join us.

Thanks

I'll be in the area, and would like to meet up with you for an early AM dive.

PM me if interested.

SuPrBuGmAn- speedbirdmob is my diving partner. We came across you postings and enjoyed them. The local dive shop said that high tide was at 10:33. Hopefully we will see you down there some day.

Paulwall- Pm sent

Come by the Dive Shop and I have a map of the pass that I,ll give You that may help.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Depths to ~35'ish and visibility can vary considerably. You'll want to dive at high tide, starting time dependant on how many dives you'd like to do and whether or not you want to(or have the air consumption) round the point. High tide looks to be hitting around 8:45AM and its not much of a tidal swing.

The second paved road west of the bridge is called Gulf Rd(St?), take that road and there is a few parking places on the corner where the road veers off to the right and before it deadends near the condo entrance. Park there, gear up, and walk over the dune and across the sand to the water where the jetties begin and the seawall meets. If you plan to round the point, be ready for a long walk back across loose sand :)

Have fun, I work the Mon-Fri thing, so I can't join you guys.
If you divers need a safe place to park and some fresh water to wash down the equipment with, that last Condo parking on the right there I’ll be doing some stucco work on that place (Summer Breeze) give me a yell and I’ll get you behind the gate off the street.. Just look for the idiot on the ladder I should be pool side that day. either way drop in and and let me know how the dive went

Tom W

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom