Diving le lac st jean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you have a place at sainte-rose, i think

j'y suis jamais allée mais on m'a dit que c'était un super beau coin.

L'anse à la Roche is really nice. It is situated in a small bay on the Saguenay Fjord. You can access it driving down the 172 road to Tadoussac from Chicoutimi for about 75 minutes. It is considered a night dive since the murky fresh water laer blocks out all the light once ou reach the saltwater layer underneath. It has a sandy/rocky bottom with isolated marine flora ith numerous species of crabs, star fish, sea snails.

Les Escoumins at the mouth of the Saguenauy & St.Lawerence is supposed to be pretty nice.....Cold water diving 55-60 in the summer. I have a trip lined up this labour day.

les ecoumins is probably the most beautiful place in quebec.
i have post some pictures take in les escoumins in a other threat...

here are to best of my pic:

14Henriciasanguinolenta.jpg

17Strongylocentrotusdroebachiensis.jpg

21Hormathianodosa.jpg

28Urticinafelina.jpg

29Urticinafelina.jpg

etienne

I was thinking on iside the lake it self i herd of some ww2 era airplanes in there but not sure were be nice to check it out

attchoum:
les ecoumins is probably the most beautiful place in quebec.
i have post some pictures take in les escoumins in a other threat...

here are to best of my pic:

etienne

Awesome pics man. I can't wait to go in september.

And don't worry about your english.....its great. I wish I can write as well as you can in french. Mais quand meme je parle tres bien, mais mon dactilo en francias est tres maunvais :D

Scuba Duba Doo:
Les Escoumins at the mouth of the Saguenauy & St.Lawerence is supposed to be pretty nice.....Cold water diving 55-60 in the summer. I have a trip lined up this labour day.

I made 3 annual trips at labor day (late august/early september) to les Escoumins and in about 16 dives there, water never was warmer than 36-45 F (I have my Suunto vyper log to remind me that :D). Just wanted to make that precision. Very beautifull indeed, but be prepared with good insulation. You can do it in a wet suit (I did a couple dives there with my full 7mm long john and jacket, hood, mitts) but it is wayyyyyyy more comfortable in a drysuit.

cold water is everywhere here in quebec.

i don't even have a wet, im only using a dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom