confused on a nitrox question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
so im attempting to take a peek at a nitrox class and im doing pretty good reading online etc to try and get a headstart before i committ, but here is a question that im confused over...if the o2 partial pressure in the mix is 1.3ata at 122fsw what is the fraction of o2 in the mix? any explanations would help thanks
John C

John,

Here's a good equation you can plug any two of the three numbers into to get these kinds of answers;

PPO2

FO2 | ATA

So, in your question, just divide 1.3 by 4.69 (122/33+1) and you get your answer of ... well, I'm not going to do it ALL for you. :D

EDIT: Some basic explanation.

PPO2 is the O2 partial pressure. FO2 is the fraction of O2. ATA is the depth in ATAs (and don't forget that pesky one from space to earth).

Rick
Thanks Bud, kinda simple in the end, i think ive been staring at it too long and might wait for some expert guidance and take the course next week

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom