Question For Rear Inflation BC Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ex Con

Reaction score
I just purchased the Azimuth Rebreather and it comes with a 100 lb. lift Mares rear inflation jacket. I dive strictly in the carribbean (photographer) and I am quite concerned that the rear inflation jacket will be too cumbersome and will not react as quickly as the Cressi Sub jacket I currently wear. It appears that this jacket is overkill for carribbean sport diving and will be a hinderence. Will I adjust to this type of jacket or should I just replace it with a standard wrap around jacket?

100 pounds of lift for the Carribbean seems pretty high, even if you're lugging around photographic equipment.

I'm not sure about the Azimuth, or what works with it, but the back inflate won't "react slower" or anything. For the most part, jacket styles are more cumbersome than back inflates (not always....you could compare the SP Classic vs the Synchro Power Tech.. :wink:).

Anyway, good luck... and maybe this should be cross posted to the Rebreather forum.

Sounds like a lot. The problem is probably not the back inflation that tends to better stabilize you UW. It just sound big.

Back inflation is great and just takes a short time getting used to.

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom