Dive Rite Transpac II VS. Halcyon BC

• Halcyon offers more in a BC

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Dive Rite offers more in a BC

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a great majority on this forum who seem to push Halcyon. Just been noticing here in southern California it appears that the majority of people I see with these types of BCs' have more Dive Rite stuff then Halcyon. I would have to guess 4 out of 20 divers I've seen have this type of system. I've spoken to a few of them and the ideal setup appears to be a Transpac II with the Rec Wings, which I agree with also. Good all around BC, can use it with singles, doubles, stage bottles, can handle quite a bit with great configurability.

I do like Halcyon's wing cause it's thin, but the Transpac II rocks, its a bit hard to configure at first, but once I got my setup, its just badass!

I hope Dive Rite would come up with a backup light similar to Halcyon's Scout Backup, seems like a good light.

jonscubas once bubbled...
I hope Dive Rite would come up with a backup light similar to Halcyon's Scout Backup, seems like a good light.
Keep the whole brand-name ensemble thing working: looking good, diving rite and of course "badass"! Wouldn't do to mix in a EE scout light or CE knock off!

:D

jonscubas once bubbled...

What's up with that? Can't buy anything non-Dive Rite? If you like the Scout, buy the Scout.

Maybe they can make a Lite Rite that looks like a scout but is more badass...

Seriously though, you probably can't go wrong either way. I dive Halcyon wings but I dive with a couple people that have Dive Rite wings and they don't have any complaints.

Some of the guys I know use Pelican super sabers with the clip, split ring and lanyard removed. Much cheaper than the Scout.

jonscuba,

Obviously you come from the GQ crowd of diving where looks is more important than function. Also if you would have studied the difference in the design of the 2 different wings you would have noticed the advantages of the Halcyon. But then you would have been kicked out of the GQ Dive Club.

leadweight once bubbled...
Some of the guys I know use Pelican super sabers with the clip, split ring and lanyard removed. Much cheaper than the Scout.

Remove the Belt clip.
Use a 1/8th pin punch to knock out the SS pin in the "belt" clip, and file down the left over "lumps".

Taa Daa!! You have a very safe,cheap, reliable and "non snagging" Dive light!!

Now if only I could fashion that old Tractor tyre into a pioneer 27#

UP, whats a CE knockoff?

What is this, a trick question?
From their websites, I find that Halcyon offers two backplates, a single harness, and seven wings in two styles.
Dive-Rite offers three backplates, two harnesses, the Transpac II, seven wings, and a jacket.
Those who think Halcyon offers "more" ain't usin' the same math I am.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom